If you have seen the film Miss Congeniality, you will be familiar with one of my favourite quotes. It might be comical but for me it is also true. When asking a contestant of their perfect date, she replies "I'd have to say April 25th. Because it's not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket".
From a style point of view, weather that allows for a light jacket is perfect. There are so many great jackets that can completely change the dynamic of an outfit, as well as your mood.
1. With Spring finally (hopefully) here, prints are easy and stylish to wear. This colourful and casual African print jacket is perfect for the upcoming days spent revising in the library as it adds an easy pop of fun and colour to any comfortable outfit.
2. For cooler days, this fur-lined green jacket is one of the most unique jackets around at the moment and the colour is to die for. This colour can go with any colour jeans and add some colour to a classic biker-chic look.
3. Camouflage has been big this year but it is only just warm enough to pull this thin jacket off in comfort.
4. Monochrome is this season's quickest way to class and will add some sophistication to any look.
5. H&M Conscious Collection can only be a good thing and this embelished jacket from them is both ethical and beautiful.
6. Similarly to 4, this jacket oozes class and sophistication. It is Chanel-esque at a highstreet price you cannot beat.
Mac Make-up Masterclass at Make-up London Academy
Any look is incomplete if you do not follow it through from head to toe. Make-up is not for everyone but is a great form of self-expression that can make a normal day a bit more interesting. Rushing to get to lectures in the morning doesn't leave a lot of time for creativity when it comes to make-up but heading to a Mac Make-up Masterclass at Make-up London Academy in Finsbury Park has prepared me for when I have more time.
We were taught how to prep the face and apply foundation, before taking part in a workshop that saw us attempt smokey eyes on ourselves. Smokey eyes is a timeless look and works with most outfits. Even though clothes and accessories are the key components to any look, great make-up really is a great finishing touch.